Tel: +353 1 708 4761
||19.30 - 10.30
||11.30 - 13.30
- Career in Local Government Accountancy, followed by BA (Open) majoring in Earth Sciences.
- PGCE (Bath) – Science with Geology specialism, followed by teaching at secondary level.
- Associate lecturer, Open University – 1990 to present.
- Membership of The Institute for Learning and Teaching by dissertation – 2002.
- Fellow of The Higher Education Academy.
- Various temporary part-time contracts with NUIM – 1999 to present.
- Remote Sensing
- Environmental Geophysics
- P. J. Gibson and D.M. George, Integrated geophysical study of the former monastic site, Rahan, Co. Offaly. Phase I and II. EGU 02/07, 80 pp (2007).
- P. J. Gibson and D. M. George, Ground penetrating radar and resistivity study of the Bishop’s Palace, Kilkenny. EGU 01/07, 55 pp (2007).
- Gibson P.J. and George, D.M. (2006) ‘Geophysical investigation of the former monastic settlement, Clonard, Co. Meath, Ireland’, Archaeological Prospection, 13, London, pp 45-56
- Gibson, P. and George, D.M. (2006) Geophysical study of the former ecclesiastical site, Kilskyre, Co Meath, Ireland Report EGU 02/06, NUI Maynooth, 32 pp (2006).
- Gibson, P.J., George, D.M., and O'Reilly, L. (2004) Geophysical investigation around the site of the former monastic settlement. Clonard, Co. Meath. Report No; EGU02/04.
- Gibson, P.J., Lyle, P., and George, D.M. (2004) ‘Application of resistivity and magnetometry geophysical techniques for near-surface investigations in karstic terranes in Ireland’ Journal of Cave and Karst Studies 66(2), 35-38.
- Gibson, P.J. and George, D.M. (2004) Geophysical investigation of the Leamonaghan monastic settlement, Co. Offaly. Report No; EGU01/04.
- Gibson, P.J. and George, D.M (2004) Environmental applications of geophysical surveying techniques. New York, Nova Science Publishers Inc.
- Gibson, P.J. and George, D.M (2003) Ground Penetrating radar and conductivity measurements in the Rattoo-Dysert marshes area, Co. Kerry. Report No: EGU01/03.
- Gibson, P. Hawe, R. and George, DM. (2003) A resistivity and ground penetrating radar investigation of Maynooth Castle, Co. Kildare. Report No: EGU02/03.
- Gibson, P.J. and George, D.M. (2003) Magnetic gradiometry and resistivity investigation of the Cloonfree medieval moated site at Strokestown, County Roscommon (Phase 1). Report No: EGU03/03.
- Gibson, P.J. and George, D.M. (2003) Magnetic gradiometry and resistivity investigation of the Tulsk raised earthwork at Tulsk, County Roscommon (Phase 1). Report No: EGU04/03.
- D. M. George and Gibson, P.J. (2001) ‘Application of resistivity geophysical techniques to contamination studies’, OUGS Journal 22 (2), 1-4
- George, D. M. and Gibson, P.J. (2000) Application of geophysical techniques for groundwater investigations and waste disposal site contamination studies in Co. Monaghan, Republic of Ireland. Report No: EGU001/2000. Interreg 4 programme.
- Lyle, P. and Gibson, P.J. George, D.M., (1996) ‘Environmental Applications of Magnetometry Profiling’, Journal of Environmental Geology and Water Sciences 27, 178-183.
- Lyle, P. and Gibson, P.J. George, D.M., (1996) ‘Ground-based magnetic patterns over selected Irish rocks and structures’, Irish Journal of Earth Sciences 15, 129-143.